Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Magic Circle Made Easy

When I first started crocheting to sell, I started with Minion hats. I did really well with the Minion hats, but then I had people asking for other characters so when I was looking to branch out, all of the patterns I would find called for a magic circle, but there was always the caveat that if you didn't know how to do the magic circle you could start your round the old fashioned way (chain 4 and join with a slip stitch), which I did. After a while I started to wonder what all this fuss about a Magic Circle was about. I dedicated an entire morning to watching YouTube tutorials on how to create a Magic Circle, and each one left me more confused than the last. I finally figured out a way that worked for me after understanding the "philosophy" behind a MC. Lately, in a couple of the Facebook groups I follow, I've seen a lot of people saying they are confused about Magic Circles. Maybe it's because the colder weather is upon us and more people are crocheting hats right now, who knows. Well I decided to throw my own hat into the mix and filmed my very own tutorial on the big mysterious MC! Hope you enjoy! If this video helps you, don't be shy, give it a thumbs up or let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment